[3830] TBDC NK8Q(@N3EB) Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mark.j.schreiner@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC NK8Q(@N3EB) Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 01:04:13 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - 2019

Call: NK8Q
Operator(s): NK8Q
Station: N3EB

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WPA
Operating Time (hrs): 9:33
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 224  Total Score = 2,508

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Used two different setups during the course of the contest (not simultaneously).
 First and primary was a Flex 6600 with a Beverage for Rx and quarter-wave
elevated ground plane vertical.  Second was a K3S with a dipole.  Even though I
was remote, there was some "local QRN" from my young nieces while I
was operating from their basement which is also a play area.  I had three or
four "best DX" that were about 8425 km with the vertical while the
dipole did great when I was running and mostly worked more local stations with
my best run of 72 QSOs in a bit over one hour.  Quite pleased with the QRP
results!  As I had to drive 10 hours on Sunday morning at 7 AM I gave up early
at 3 AM (0800Z) to get a nap and missed about 4-1/2 hours of operating time.
Enjoyed what I did, though, and determined that Remote station worked out pretty
well.  Thanks to Eric, N3EB for use of his station and Mark, K0LO for helping
with the configuration of the remote connections!