[3830] TBDC WJ9B Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC WJ9B Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 01:43:39 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - 2019

Call: WJ9B
Operator(s): WJ9B
Station: WJ9B

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ID
Operating Time (hrs): 13

Total:  QSOs = 230  Total Score = 1,592

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Rx was Collins 75a4. Tx was Johnson Ranger II driving a solid state amplifier to
just under 100 watts as measured on a Bird Watt meter with 250 watt slug.  I
used a tube type T/R switch. I logged as usual using TR4W, but I keyed the
Ranger by hand using a keyer and paddle. Next time I will use a memory keyer!
It was interesting using vintage gear in that I don't think I missed anything
compared to prior and extensive use of Elecraft K3.  I just could not work
stations as fast. I heard others working Eu but I didn't expect to raise them
with 100 watts.

The glow of Ranger II's tubes and of my pellet stove was festive.  I'll have to
do this again, in the December Stew Perry!!

73, Will  wj9b, dit dit