[3830] TBDC N8VW(@K8MK) Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC N8VW(@K8MK) Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 02:03:44 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - 2019

Call: N8VW
Operator(s): N8VW
Station: K8MK

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 230  Total Score = 2,790

Club: Central Ohio Contest Club

Comments:

Finally figured out what was wrong with the antenna, it is resonate at 1670 KHz
per my FA-VA5.  Will get it fixed for the CQ WW 160 test so won't be wasting
power in the tuner. K8MK purchased a K3 (with K3s mods) and I didn't have the
correct USB cable, so a majority of the CW was sent by hand since I had no
computer control.

Conditions where the best I've heard in a while.  Managed to work 26 European
stations along with D4Z and the usual easy Caribbean stations. Spent a lot of
time calling some of the loud dx with a lot of no responses and partial copies
of my call, some got it right by gave up trying to copy the exchange, stupid
QSB. If you remember working me and didn't struggle, your rx system is
excellent.  Was fun to hear the intra-EU qsos and the dx pileup that N7DD had
calling him.  Called it quits about 5am.