[3830] TBDC KV4FZ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC KV4FZ Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 15:20:25 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - 2019

Call: KV4FZ
Operator(s): KV4FZ
Station: KV4FZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: U.S. Virgin Islands
Operating Time (hrs): 13.5

Total:  QSOs = 577  Total Score = 5,774

Club:

Comments:

Conditions were superb and Europe was coming through an hour before sunset.
Things were starting to really hum until the local atrocious KP2 clix machine
(3/4) of a mile away started up.  There were his birdies all over the DX portion
so I moved way up the band, put the attenuator on and relied on the EU Beverage
to copy much of anything. (RX here is a Flex 6600M and IC-7300) I was even
tempted at one point to try split and TX on 1822.5 and RX on 1900. Important:
The Clix Machine was *not* from NP2J who is never a problem from 2 miles away.
I read in an earlier comment here that NP2J needed a transformer for his
Ameritron Amp.  If he would only have given me a call, I have two extra
Ameritron Amps (Al-1200 and AL-1500) he could have used till his transformer,
which was shipped via boat (ugh) from the factory.

Many thanks to ZL3IX for a 28 pointer and UA9BA for a 21 point contact. Both
Greg and Andy had excellent signals.  No Africans this year and only one SA
station worked, not even PJ2T!  I did work KH6LC and many west coast stations
that count more points than parts of Western Europe.

Antenna TX: 90-foot cage fed tower with beams on top.  RX:  600 and 900-foot
Beverages both single wire and reversible.

73

Herb, KV4FZ