[3830] TBDC G4BYG(@G6MC) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, g4byg@lindgren1.aroo.co.uk
Subject: [3830] TBDC G4BYG(@G6MC) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 20:26:38 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - 2019

Call: G4BYG
Operator(s): G4BYG
Station: G6MC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IO94 Harrogate.
Operating Time (hrs): 12

Total:  QSOs = 487  Total Score = 3,213

Club: Brimham Contest Group

Comments:

Usual last minute technical hitch but soon solved. (RF Feedback from rx ant).
Struggled to maintain a run frequency among the various Clickers and Freq
stealers. So lots of S&P was required. First few hours were nearly all EU
stations until USA East Coast Sunset when the big guns started to appear.
Stayed awake till about 0130 when tiredness set in and had an hours break.
Had another hours operating and worked a few more USA stations till the band
went quiet till around 0400 when midwest USA started to appear.
After that I had many West Coast qso's in the log.
Band went out for me at about 0810.
Highlight was working JH4UYB at 1812z which is quite early for the UK.
Need improve the TX antenna as suspect it is coupling into the support tower.
Still managed to improve my qso numbers over last year so quite pleased with
progress.
Thanks to Neil and Sue(poor lady has broken her leg) who did their best looking
after my food and drink requirements in trying circumstances. (GET Well Soon
Sue)
Back next year if I can get a passout from the festive action.

Rig was an Elecraft K3 into a linear amp
Antenna was a 90ft Marconi Tee.
RX antenna was the station 80m 4 Square.
No beverage this time due to very wet boggy ground making it impossible to
gain access.
Vic G4BYG