[3830] RTTY Roundup WB0TEV SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup WB0TEV SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2020 00:50:48 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2020

Call: WB0TEV
Operator(s): WB0TEV
Station: WB0TEV

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NTX
Operating Time (hrs): 17:33
Radios: SO2R

   80:   199
   40:   379
   20:   402
   15:    12
   10:     0
-----------------------
Total:   990       0  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 43  Total Score = 97,020

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

First time to do SO2R aside from last falls WW-DIGI contest.  Not as hard as I
thought it would be.  N1MM+ made it relatively easy.  Used 2 computers, one
being a laptop.
Radio 1: TS-590SG, Dentron MLA-2500 amp at about 300 W, HP desktop, PRO-67B at
63 feet, 80m inverted Vee at 60 feet.
Radio 2: TS-590SG barefoot hard wired to home brew 40m vertical (w/24 radials)
with 40m BPF.  When SO2Ring it was always 40m from Radio 2 plus some other band
on Radio 1.

100% RTTY.

Managed to work all the lower 49 (including DC) with the exception of North
Dakota.  Worked a smattering of DX including KL7 and KH6.  Only got the non-rare
VE provinces of AB. BC, MB, NS, ON, QC & SK.

Was hoping to crack 1000 QSOs and thought I had a shot at it, but just couldn't
make the rate in the final hour.  A frantic combination of running and Search
and Pounce fell just short.  Could have done better if I'd done more than 17.5
hours BIC.

Had a scare with two hours to go. Aged rotator ended up stuck straight south.
Could hear the brake clunking and motor humming but no dice.  Later on I managed
to get it to catch and spin again.  I think maybe its got a broken tooth or
something.  ARRGH.  I hate problems that are 60+ feet in the air.

Hope to catch all you RTTY fans in the CQ WPX RTTY contest next month when I'll
be QRV as V31VP.

Thanks for all the QSOs and a special thanks for the guys in the rarer mults
(like WB7GR in WY) for getting on and handing them out.
73, Victor WB0TEV / V31VP