[3830] RTTY Roundup AA4LR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup AA4LR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2020 00:57:52 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2020

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 8

   80:    21
   40:   125
   20:   100
   15:    18
   10:
-----------------------
Total:   264       0  State/Prov = 47  Countries = 16  Total Score = 16,632

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Antenna:
160/80/40m Trap Inverted-L (more of a J) with two elevated 125' radials

Equipment:
Elecraft K2/100 w/KAT100 running 100 watts

Comments:

Just got on to hand out some Qs at the Fulton county QTH. With the compromise
antenna, some contacts were difficult. Many were surprisingly not so. This
contest was mostly S & P for me, although I did manage to run some.

I checked 10m several times while the sun was out, but nothing doing. 15m was
more active, but I had trouble getting people to hear me. 20m worked
surprisingly well, I was even able to run for a bit there. 40m is the money band
-- I did some running in the late afternoon the first day. I couldn't get much
going on 80m -- many appeared not to hear me at all.

I've decided that "handing out Qs" this year means 100-200 contacts,
which I succeeded in doing. I thought I was never going to work NJ, every 2-land
call was in NY. But I did managed to work NJ in the last hours. I never heard
anyone on from GA or AL. Odd to miss the closest states.

A bit of a challenge to work RTTY with the K2. The gain profile is different
from band to band, and sometimes I forgot to re-adjust the soundcard output on a
band change. This often meant I had no signal at all.

In any case, lots of fun and a great way to start off the year.