[3830] RTTY Roundup K7RU(@K7BTW) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7btw@thewrongaddress.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup K7RU(@K7BTW) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2020 02:24:46 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2020

Call: K7RU
Operator(s): K7BTW N9ADG K7VAP K7MO K7EDX
Station: K7BTW

Class: M/S HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 23:52

   80:    137      13
   40:    266
   20:    589     125
   15:     17
   10:
-----------------------
Total:   1009     138  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 34  Total Score = 102,083

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

We all had a very good time. The laughter, the food, the beer, the sleep over,
the party atmosphere made up for the the many things that went wrong.

1. The steppIR controller for the db18e quit working on 40m.  Fortunately a
SteppIR expert, k7edx, was here to take the box apart and find the problem.  How
many contest stations using SteppIR antennas are lucky enough to have a former
employee of the company in the house?  However, we lost about an hour of prime
time on 40.

2.  An amp went belly up.  We were able to replace it with an old Amp Supply
that ran about 800 watts.  That switch over cost us more q's.

3.  Then, k7btw made 49 ft8 q's using his own call, not the contest call.  Thank
goodness Brian caught it when he did.  That created a log mess because those q's
all had to be eliminated after the contest.

Oh well, the fun is what will be remembered.