[3830] NAQP CW NC4KW(N1LN) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bemeier@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW NC4KW(N1LN) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2020 11:33:59 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: NC4KW
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:  113    37
   80:  270    48
   40:  335    55
   20:  242    45
   15:   52    18
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1012   203  Total Score = 205,436

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC SO2R

Comments:

This was my first real action using my highly modified antenna farm.  The farm
now looks more like a couple of potted plants, but still seems to work.  The 40,
20, 15 and 10 meter stacks are now down.  The replacement includes a new JK
mid-tri with 40 (really a nice antenna - thanks KEN), a T10 log and for now a
Cushcraft XM240 that will be leaving after I get it down.  80 now only consists
of 2 phased wire verticals and 160 is a single Inverted-L.  But, it still seems
to work - fortunately.

Too much time was spent trying to make more out of 15 that was there. At first
20 was also quite slow so I went to 40 early as RUN and did SP on 15 and 20. I
eventually went back to 20 run and it was much better at that time from my QTH.
The low bands were fantastic thanks to my beverages. Without them the QRN and
static with the storms to the west would have been horrible.

The WX forecast kept moving the incoming thunderstorms later in the day, but
wanting to get my full 10 hours in I did not take any breaks and operated from
1800 UTC to 0359 UTC.  Probably missed a few mults in west coast 160. My wife
kept my water glass full and brought dinner into the shack. Sure is easier to
eat when on CW than SSB. Next week should be much more of an issue as it is a
bit hard to talk and chew!

Thanks for the Qs and hope I did not hold the PVRC SO2R team back.

73,
Bruce N1LN
(aka: NC4KW - Bob)