[3830] NAQP CW K3KU(@MK3KU) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K3KU(@MK3KU) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 20:45:14 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: MK3KU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:   84    23
   80:  202    42
   40:   96    37
   20:   20    10
   15:    2     2
   10:    3     2
-------------------
Total:  407   116  Total Score = 47,212

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC DC METRO/DC LUNCH BUNCH

Comments:

Started at 23:43.  Pretty much straight thru except for when wife came down and
said there was noise like something clomping on the roof.  Well, that's worth
checking on.  Turned out to be the sort-of high winds slamming the feedline into
the side of the house.  (I wonder how much of the perceived QSB was actually
wind modulation from my tree-supported dipole moving up and down 15 or 20 ft
p-p.)

15M dead and 20M closing when I started. Grabbed the quick mults on 20M, then
worked my way down the bands.  At first, 160M was quieter than 80M.  Lots of fun
and rate (124/hr for 30 minutes on 80M might be my best ever from home.)  One
bit of excitement was getting called by N9RV on 80M.  He was not loud, but he
sure can hear.

I thought I was doing pretty well, but total wound up a bit down from last year,
which was a bit down from my all-time best.