[3830] CWopsT N3JT HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT N3JT HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 04:37:36 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Jan 16

Call: N3JT
Operator(s): N3JT
Station: N3JT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  125  Mults = 122  Total Score = 15,250

Club:

Comments:

Another stupid operator error.  This time I was ready to head to 160m where at
0245 there were an increasing number of stations, fleeing 80m and 40m (where
conditions were very long and generally poor).  But suddenly my SWR on that band
was infinite, suggesting an antenna problem.  I am primed for that because I use
wires in the trees and am always dreading breakage!   Well, I tried all the
usual stuff.  But it was odd to me that there was NO output or SWR indication on
the amplifier at all.  I didn't put two and two together until just after the
contest when I checked and saw that I had somehow inadvertently pushed the ANT
switch on the K3, which means I was transmitting to no antenna at all, or maybe
to a K9AY receive antenna, not sure now (given I am in Florida and do not recall
if anything is connected to ANT 2 on the back of the K3).  I switched back to
ANT 1 and all is fine again.  That cost me probably 20 QSOs.  It's always
something, though at least this time there was no frequent loss of frequency
reporting to the N1MM Logger as happened in the 13 and 19z sessions today.
That's Internet related and I cannot do much about that, if anything (and
nothing I know of).