[3830] NAQP CW KG5HVO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kg5hvo@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW KG5HVO Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 02:53:06 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: KG5HVO
Operator(s): KG5HVO
Station: KG5HVO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5

  160:  153    37
   80:  272    45
   40:  260    45
   20:  153    37
   15:   41    16
   10:
-------------------
Total:  879   180  Total Score = 158,220

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Team: ACG Bama Regulars #1

Comments:

This was an interesting contest for me. It seems that on NAQP weekends, stormy
weather is always in the forecast. A line of severe storms was predicted to move
through my area between 18Z-0Z. I planned to burn some of my break times when
the storms got close, but that wasn’t until 2045Z. The storms hit intensely
and damaged/rearranged 4 of my 6 antennas. Then the power went out…for 3.5
hours. I was able to repair most of the antennas during the power outage. Once
the power came on, I tried to recover lost ground. 15m was disappointing. The
low bands were in excellent shape though.

Thanks to Bob WA1FCN for coordinating the ACG teams. Thanks for the QSOs!

73,
Bryant KG5HVO

Station:
IC-7610