[3830] NAQP SSB ND0C Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, randydvm@iw.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB ND0C Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 05:22:32 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: ND0C

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:    1     1
   80:   46    27
   40:   75    33
   20:  116    40
   15:    4     4
   10:
-------------------
Total:  242   105  Total Score = 25,410

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Team: MWA South # 3

Comments:

This was 98% S&P - just couldn't sustain runs on 20.  And there was no hope
on 40 or 80 of getting and holding a frequency with QRP.

I was pleasantly surprised to catch a few stations on 15 - very deep, fast QSB.
Had trouble breaking pile-ups on 80, especially after everybody moved there from
40. But at times was able to snag quite a few stations in a row as the band
changed.

Nice surprise to stumble across VY1CO on 40 and work him before a pile-up
developed. But overall I heard very few VE stations.

Thanks to those that patiently persevered to pull my signal out of the QRM and
QSB on 40 and 80.  And kudos to K9ZO for hearing my puny 5 watt signal on 160
from my underground antenna for my only QSO on that band.  Thanks Ralph!

73,
Randy, ND0C