[3830] NAQP SSB N6RO M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6wm@largeradio.org
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB N6RO M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 18:42:06 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: N6RO
Operator(s): N6WM W9KKN K6KM
Station: N6RO

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Oakley CA
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Radios: SO2R

  160:   37    12
   80:   79    29
   40:  181    41
   20:  580    60
   15:   68    25
   10:
-------------------
Total:  945   167  Total Score = 157,815

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

As the week progressed toward the starting bell, it was apparent we were going
to be short handed for operators at radio oakley for this. in the end, it was
just myself(N6WM) and Bill (W9KKN) as well as Roberto K6KM coming in to help.
Ken(RO) was down with a cough and was not in condition to operate (but did cook
a batch of contest chili!).

Things started out fairly well with a very productive 20m band and using the RO
stack to brute force our way through an anemic 15m band.  But from the SF bay
area, it became glaringly apparent that we just were not getting the propagation
conditions on 40 meters to exploit our stack.  this was in by no means from lack
of trying, but what we put in the log shows the story.  Team is discussing
higher angle options for the station.

80 and 160 were kind of ok.. so so.. but being unable to catch up with 40m
numbers really got us good.  80 was noisy and our listening antennas need some
TLC me thinks.

We took the opportunity to experiment with Flex Radios Multiflex feature.. was
not quite what I was hoping, and were able to gather some data points for using
this in a contest environment.

Thanks to Bill W9KKN and Roberto K6KM for joining me in the M/2 category short
handed.

You all know the antenna farm..

Operating positions were flex 6600-M X2 all low power.

Congrats to all the big scorers out there..

73 and seeya next time
>From the Radio Oakley contest team

Chris
N6WM