[3830] ARRL Jan VHF WB2SIH/R Limited Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF WB2SIH/R Limited Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 17:54:35 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  137    37  Total Score = 7,137

Club:

Comments:

The upstate Adirondack weather had a negative impact on mu rover operations for
sure. After getting up to my primary site in Lake George FN33 it started snowing
and after only an hour of operation was possible before i headed home to wait
out the predicted storm. Luckily i was able to make a bunch of QSO's during that
hour of operation. Sunday morning i spent the morning clearing snow etc. I
decided to head out again. i had a quick stop at my secondary site in FN33 and
made some more QSO's from there. I then decided to head to Hogback Mountain
(FN32) in southern Vermont.The snow had stopped and the roads were perfect .I
arrived at Hogback around 5pm and there was lots of QSO's to be made. However at
8pm i realized that it had started snowing again and the road was totally snow
covered.  The FN32 operation came to a quick halt and again i headed back to
Lake George. Even with the weather dictating my operating times i had a lot of
fun. All the equipment worked well with no problems for once. I had low power
(736R barefoot) and a 706 on 6 meters running loops on all four bands. Thanks to
all for the QSO's.