[3830] CQ160 CW N9TF Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N9TF Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 14:41:10 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2020

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 12

Total:  QSOs = 380  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 13  Total Score = 59,598

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Missed a good portion of Friday evening due to other lifes challenges. Had
issues right off the get go once I did get on. The antenna was loaded with ice
and snow, and SWR was through the roof. I could hear fine, but struggled to make
contacts. Heard lots EU at their sunrise, but no joy.
Saturday night Sunday morning much better. Antenna wire thawed out Saturday
afternoon, and everything played nice Saturday night. Most EU and 10 pointers
ever worked from this station in any 160 contest! Six EU in log, EI S5 DL F PA
and OK.
Off to bed at 06:30 Sunday to get up and try my luck at JA. Back out of bed at
12:00 but no joy working any JA.Only JA heard was JH2FXK. Tried a few times, but
too many other callers calling through his reports. Only 50/50 copy anyway, so
gave up. Did manage to find KH7A and work him, so not a total loss!
Really good EU opening Saturday/Sunday. Heard lots more than I could work, but
they seemed to be all over the band.
If not for the late start Friday night, I might have had a chance to better last
years score for another personal best. Too many hours and Qs missed.
Lots of fun, even with the antenna weather issues...all part of the game.

73 Gene, N9TF

Rig, K3S 100 watts to W8AMZ shortened half sloper at 35' apex.