[3830] CQ160 CW K5WA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5wa@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K5WA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 16:36:07 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K5WA
Operator(s): K5WA
Station: K5WA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 13

Total:  QSOs = 670  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 56  Total Score = 265,068

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

The local power Co-op FINALLY found the major year old offending pole/hardware
and cleared up 80% of my noise problem about 3 hours before this contest
started.  I couldn't believe how nice it sounded to again be able hear signals
below S9+10 without the buzzsaw hash along with it.  I only operated Friday
night but had a ball with EU coming in throughout the night rather than just at
their sunrise.

The JA opening was very weak and not too plentiful.  Even the big regulars were
very readable but not pounding in as in the past.

I spent Saturday working on station projects I've neglected while being
"off the air" due to powerline noise.  Now to get the second power
line company (the station is on the border of two power companies) to clean up
their 20% of the noise while a wait for a pair of K4s to be my remote capability
to the station.

73,
Bob K5WA