[3830] CQ160 CW HG3N(HA3LN) Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW HG3N(HA3LN) Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 23:55:51 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2020

Call: HG3N
Operator(s): HA3LN
Station: HA3LN

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: EEU
Operating Time (hrs): 24

Total:  QSOs = 1298  State/Prov = 29  Countries = 81  Total Score = 797,280

Club: Hungarian DX Club

Comments:

I had an unbreakable family commitment for Saturday afternoon this limited
my op time to 24h. I missed the whole Sat from 6Z and managed to log the
first QSO a minute before 00z on Sun.

Invested a lot of work into the preparation and the antenna work. As result
I had new top loaded vertical, the original 268m USA-JA Beverage system was
extended to 2wire version with the needed HW, switching etc.
No need to say that I sat down to the operating desk right from the Beverage
"filed" as I finished 30 mins before the start. Had no chance to try
the new
gear so only the hope remained for the first live solution validation.

The Beverage coverage "gaps" between the main directions were badly
missed.
A bunch of multipliers fell into these directions where I had no chance to hear
anything. Seems need to get these fixed for the next time. :-)

The Saturday NA propagation was so bad I started to suspect that the USA Bev
was demolished. All the stns came at the noise level and each contact was an
achievement by itself.

Interestingly enough the resonance of the T-vertical jumped with ~50kHz up once
on both days. Have no clue what might be the reason.
Despite this the rest of the HW worked well. Only the RX switching required
a short CPR before the final stage and got back to life again.

The only downside of the weekend was that I managed to miss CT... Had not a
single station logged from Connecticut... :-)

Thanks for the calls.

73!
Csaba  HA3LN / HG3N
http://ha3ln.hu/