[3830] CQ160 CW G4RGK Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, zen70432@zen.co.uk
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW G4RGK Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2020 21:13:54 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2020

Call: G4RGK
Operator(s): DAVE
Station: G4RGK

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: High Wycombe
Operating Time (hrs): 30

Total:  QSOs = 1019  State/Prov = 35  Countries = 69  Total Score = 598,520

Club:

Comments:

It was a last minute decision to enter this contest, its been a couple of years
since I was last on 160m, so I had to put up the antennas from scratch. I ended
up with no rx antennas, I initially thought the E/W Bev was ok but seems not, we
did some Earth moving in November, that must have damaged something and the wx
was just too bad to fix anything. So I only had the Inverted L at about 15m for
TX and RX. Condx seemed pretty good to the west, but at some point during the
first night all of NA disappeared for an hour. I could not crack the pile ups on
most of the SA stns so it was lucky that CX6VM called me later on. No JAs were
heard or worked and the only signal from the far east wkd was JT5DX. Doing a
contest like this with an IC726 is an exercise in futility. With a 500hz filter
I am hearing many stns in the passband and it just collapses when there are so
many strong signals around. Anyhow a lot of fun despite many seriously clicky
signals around.