[3830] CQ160 CW K9ZO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K9ZO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 00:52:48 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Illinois
Operating Time (hrs): 15:48

Total:  QSOs = 910  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 55  Total Score = 344,520

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Pretty tired at the start because I had surgery and immunotherapy this week.
Started about 10:30 pm local.  About 300 QSOs the first two hours, then had to
nap.  Then about 200 QSOs in the next 2 hour, then had to nap.  Got on about 2
hours before sunrise and made about 100 more contacts including some JA.  Slept
most of the day.  Still exhausted.
Got on at about 7:30 PM and had a nice, slow run for hours. Lots of CWOps guys
called in.  Various naps at night. TC0X and MU2K were new band countries. At
about 0400Z Europeans started to call in. Put about 100 in the log.  Most I have
ever worked. Missed KL7 but NE, SD, ND called in before I quit. Finished up
about 1315Z.  Fell right asleep.  TX antenna was an inverted vee at 80 ft.  I
could not find a climber to put a pulley at the top of the tower to change it to
an inverted L.  I felt weak on the TX side.  For RX used the SAL30 and it was
perfect for the USA.  Had (4) 900 - 100+ ft  beverages for E, N, NW, NE. (in
prep for chasing JT5DX)  The NE beverage really pulled the Europeans out!