[3830] CWopsT KG5U LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kg5u@att.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT KG5U LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 20:19:34 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Jan 29

Call: KG5U
Operator(s): KG5U
Station: KG5U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  62
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  62  Mults = 62  Total Score = 3,844

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

After 13z session, I opened a new log in N1MM to be set up and ready to go at
19z. At five minutes before 19z, I sat down and found N1MM was not keying the
radio. I dove under the desk, checked cables and reseated connections, checked
the radio connections and all seemed well there. I had paddle keying but not
keyboard/computer keying. Keyboard seemed to be talking well with N1MM and N1MM
seemed to be talking with the radio, except for keying.

Resigned myself to programming up the four K3S memories with a cq, exchg,
mycall, and TU. I spent the next  Sat down at the radio at 37 minutes with my
right hand/arm going for memory buttons on the rradio, paddles, keyboard. And
yesterday, I put the Kent paddles in in place of my old Vibroplex paddles. So,
there was an added level of discomfort dealing with the sensitivity of the Kent
paddles in a fast moving situation--Last 10 QSO rates hung in at the 90-150
range. It was fun, but not as fun as keying from a keyboard. :-)

Thanks to all for the QSOs.

73,
dale, kg5u

Radio: Elecraft K3S - 100w
Antennas: AV-640 10-20m, 40m inv vee at 70\\\' and 80m inv vee at 70\\\'
Logger: N1MM+