[3830] NA Sprint CW N6DE HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cqden6de@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N6DE HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2020 17:53:53 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: N6DE
Operator(s): N6DE
Station: N6DE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 3:38

   80:
   40:  105    3:30
   20:    7    0:08
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: Northern California Contest Club #4

Comments:

N6BT EVN-40 40m vertical dipole
Elecraft K3
Acom 1010

I set everything up temporarily at my home QTH just to be active in the CW
Sprint.  There were several milestones for me:
-First CW Sprint since 2011.
-First time using my Acom 1010 since 2013.
-First time trying to run power at home QTH.
-First time loading EVN-40 on 20m.
-First time using my Elecraft K3 since 2018.

Pictures:
Antenna set up temporarily in my backyard:
https://public.fotki.com/N6DE/cw-sprint-2020/cw-sprint-2020/img-4876.html

Me with my station in the garage:
https://public.fotki.com/N6DE/cw-sprint-2020/cw-sprint-2020/img-6202.html

Almost everything worked well!  I wanted to stay on 20m longer, but my XYL told
me that I was causing a lot of RFI havoc in the house, even when I decreased
power to 200W.  So I went outside and reconfigured the antenna for 40m.
Fortunately I was able to run 600W on 40m the rest of the contest without RFI
problems.

This was a lot of fun!  Many thanks to those who slowed down for me.  I'm not on
the air as much as I used to be, so my CW proficiency has decreased.  My noise
level on 40m at home is challenging.  Thanks to those for bearing with me when I
had to ask for fills.  And finally, thanks to the XYL for letting the day be a
contesting day!

73...
-Dean - N6DE