[3830] BC QSO N8II Single OpMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] BC QSO N8II Single OpMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 01:15:25 +0000
                    British Columbia QSO Party - 2020

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single OpMixed LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 4

  160:
   80:
   40:    7      3               5         3
   20:   12     13               9        10
   15:
   10:
Total:   19     16      0       14        13         0  Total Score = 2,976

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Well, it looks like scanning 3830 the State QP challenge has increased the OUT
of BC activity. From here, BC activity seemed much reduced from last year. My op
time is an estimate; N1MM does not count time listening or calling CQ, both of
which I did to no avail for some stretches Sunday. K4XU in OR was S9+ on 15 CW
Sunday at 19Z, but not a peep was heard from BC. 2 BC ops agreed to try 15 CW to
no avail. Also, I am sure there was decent prop to BC on 80M, but I heard zero
activity after several scans of the band. The MUF was low, but both days late
afternoon condx from here were good on 20 and there was another peak around
17-18Z.

So, bottom line is dividing attention between 3 QP's hurt a bit, but the outcome
would not have been great regardless. About 2045Z Sunday, I had only worked 7
new BC Q's all day and 3 were on 40. This weekend was memorable for low MUF. The
absorption was low, EU was rolling in on 80 at night and I heard a GW3 at high
noon my time. SW USA stations have a big advantage over us back east under these
conditions.

73, Jeff N8II