[3830] ARRLDX CW K5WA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5wa@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K5WA SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 02:30:17 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K5WA
Operator(s): K5WA
Station: K5WA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 40
Radios: SO2R

  160:  144    59
   80:  311    85
   40:  883    96
   20:  918   103
   15:  133    60
   10:   22    14
-------------------
Total: 2411   417  Total Score = 3,016,161

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Nice to FINALLY get my power line noise fixed AND have great conditions in the
same weekend that the station held together except for the 80M antenna.  Even
with the 80 4SQR having issues, it seemed to work...just no F/B.
I was shooting for N5AW's score from last year and missed his MULTS count.
After log checking, the total score will probably drop below Marv's 2019
incredible score but I'm happy to have been on for this one.  It seemed like we
have great conditions and it almost seemed like you didn't need to point an
antenna because everything was coming in no matter where you pointed.  It was so
nice to be able to hear 5 watts JA and EU signals that I have been missing for a
couple of years.
Not going to get any worier here because my brain is still scrabled after 40
hours on in the chair.  ;-)
One quick comment...it seemed like every loud key clicker decided to sit next to
my CQ frequency.  This K3 is just too clean and makes a nice cushion, I guess.
;-)

Thanks for the Qs!

Bob K5WA