[3830] ARRLDX CW VA1RST SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VA1RST SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 03:54:31 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: VA1RST
Operator(s): VA1RST
Station: VA1RST

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Nova Scotia
Operating Time (hrs): 11:11

  160:  130    46
   80:   80    29
   40:  114    52
   20:   56    32
   15:   15    15
   10:
-------------------
Total:  395   191  Total Score = 226,335

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks for the Q's! Great fun on 160m Saturday night with a final total of 46
countries with the K2AV FCP. I alternate between the 200'BOG and SAL-20 for best
signal to noise on receive. At times the K2AV was best as well. Great to have RX
antenna choices. The SAL-20 can take out local RFI noise in some directions on
most bands, too.

Sunday was to be 20 meter day but upon my Sunday morning check of my 95 year old
mother-in-law, she had fallen and had to be transported to the hospital. A long
day and she is now resting in a long term care facility. She is a little famous
as she was the Grandma in the red sweater in Wassup Grandma, the spoof on the
Budweiser beer commercial many years ago!

So just a little time left for 20 but it was fruitful!!  Hawaii, New Zealand and
Japan at the gray line sunset here in Nova Scotia, a thrill for sure! Also JT1CO
in Mongolia on 40 before the crowd showed up!

Overall 160 - 80 - 40 conditions, no complaints!

More seat time next year.

73, Roger VA1RST

The station:
SunSDR2 Pro, Palstar LA-1K, QSK 2500, 160 K2AV FCP, SAL-20, 200' BOG, DX
Engineering RTR-2, SteppIR 2 el Yagi, SteppIR Vertical, 80/40 Inv Vee, Ten-Tec
238 C