[3830] ARRLDX CW K9CT M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, craig@k9ct.us
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K9CT M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 07:54:06 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): N9CK N9CO WT2P N9TK K9CT KB9OWD W9RNY
Station: K9CT

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  265    74
   80:  586    97
   40: 1280   115
   20: 1625   118
   15:  249    76
   10:   25    18
-------------------
Total: 4030   498  Total Score = 5,968,530

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

What an interesting and fun contest!

We had a great team, including 2 new folks to the K9CT station. W9RNY and N9CO.
They both did an awesome job!

Friday:
We focused on 20 and 40M, but the action was to be had on the low bands. The
East Coast guys had the advantage at that point until we had decent propagation
to W9.

We as a team decided to go aggressive on the mult chasing. The interleaving
between us seasoned and new team members was amazing. The usual late night
doldrums set in and folks went to bed but we manned 40 and 80/160 throughout the
night.

Saturday:
We had good success getting deep Asia multipliers on 80, We checked out 20
around 6AM EST and was able to work some of the stronger signals out of EU. We
established a run frequency and had great runs until around 10AM CST. 15/10 were
a disappointment that day, but later towards sunset as we switched back and
focused on the low bands, we had success. Our team was really hoping for a
better score on 80/40/15 compared to last year. We were not deterred.

Sunday:
What a difference! 5W stations on 20M (and even 40M) from Europe were loud. We'd
get calls from folks with 100W and up that would blow out ears out. The 20M run
petered out around 10AM but we were able to keep an eye out on 15 and 10. 15
yielded good mults, and we went from 1Q on 10 to 25Q's / 18 mults. We had a few
times where 40 and 20 were running at the same time... Hope that this is the
bottom of the cycle!

After that, things slowed down, but our team did not.. We persisted until the
end.

WT2P had the K3WA Maker's Mark shot at our Farmington Pizza post contest
gathering.

Our team wants to give our condolences to the Thompsons and family on the
passing of Ilean's father (Craig's Father In-Law). Craig had to step away on
Sunday to attend the services and we as a team worked together to make sure that
there was nothing to worry about at the shack. As a team, we thank you Craig for
the opportunity to operate here.

Murphys:
We have a few, but they're going to be figured out. We all worked together as a
team to overcome them and keep plugging away.

Awesome job to all the M/2 participants in the contest.

Respectfully submitted on behalf of the K9CT Team,
WT2P
#GOSMC