[3830] ARRLDX CW W4ZV SOSB/160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, btippett@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W4ZV SOSB/160 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 11:33:30 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: W4ZV
Operator(s): W4ZV
Station: W4ZV

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:  370    71
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  370    71  Total Score = 78,810

Club: Carolina DX Association

Comments:

This was a partial effort due to not feeling well and not enjoying the
conditions Friday night (QRT @ 04z).  I had some kind of noise that sounded like
Beverage wires touching metal and making copy difficult.  I even went out with a
flashlight to see if one of them had fallen.  It turned out it was not my
antennas but possibly a bad spurious from someone.  Anyway I decided to go to
bed around 0400 and hope for better conditions Saturday.

I looked for JAs both mornings at sunrise but conditions were poor and I only
logged 6.  DS2JJW was a pleasant surprise Sunday morning (never heard him
before).  Saturday night was much better and I was even able to run stations
about 30 minutes before my sunset.  R8TT and RY9C were pleasant surprises but I
never heard any zone 19 Russians at sunrise.  I suppose RW0CN was enjoying the
better weather at FS!  Another highlight was working QRPer G4DBN near his
sunrise for my only trans-Atlantic QRP contact.  I always love those little
surprises!

Thanks to everyone for your patience and congrats in advance to Jeff VY2ZM who
surely set a new record for W/VE on 160.

73,  Bill  W4ZV