[3830] ARRLDX CW N2IC SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2ic@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N2IC SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 16:10:41 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: N2IC
Operator(s): N2IC
Station: N2IC

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: New Mexico
Operating Time (hrs): 42
Radios: SO2R

  160:   87    60
   80:  407    90
   40: 1064   105
   20: 1469   116
   15:  128    51
   10:   16     9
-------------------
Total: 3171   431  Total Score = 4,100,103

Club:

Comments:

Yes, unlimited for a change ! I have only done unlimited a few times before, and
that was many years ago.

It was fun, and I'll probably do it more frequently until there are sunspots.

Comparing unlimited (assisted) with unassisted, I would say that assisted is
much less stressful. A serious, SO2R, unassisted effort requires constantly
tuning the 2nd radio while maintaining a run. That takes a lot of brain power.

Low band conditions were excellent, especially Friday night. 10 and 15 meters
were very frustrating. For hours on Sunday there were east coast spots to the
Caribbean on 10, but nothing heard (or seen on the spectrum display) here in SW
New Mexico. The same thing on 15 meters to Europe both days. Not even 1 JA
worked on 15 meters. The disadvantage of going assisted is seeing all the good
openings that you don't have.

Thanks for the QSO's...and thanks for quiet geomagnetic conditions.