[3830] ARRLDX CW OH0R(OH2PM) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pertti.simovaara@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW OH0R(OH2PM) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 23:09:56 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: OH0R
Operator(s): OH2PM
Station: OH0R

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: KP00
Operating Time (hrs): 32

  160:  156    35
   80:  328    46
   40:  432    52
   20: 1297    61
   15:    1     1
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 2214   195  Total Score = 1,293,433

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

I arrived at Brando Aland Is on Friday afternoon in good daylight to be able to
check all antennas visually because the weather had been and still was very
stormy.
We also had heavy rain on Saturday and Sunday especially at night time. It
caused extra noise to the upper antennas i.e.20 and 80.
What surprised me most was that both 80 and 160 conditions were very good on
Saturday. We are used to have some good low band openings at this time of the
year but they very seldom happen in a contest weekend.
40 m did not sound that good despite the fact that the full size 3el yagi is at
36 meters.
I had planned 36 hours activity, compromise of decent rest hours and ambitious
score at my age.
Saturday produced 1370 QSOs and 35 mults on 160 and 40 mults on 80. The 20 meter
opening was only 6 hours as it has been at the best at this time of the year. At
Sat/Sun night low band propagation was not as good as the previous night.
Daytime conditions on 40 were good but the most of the NA stations were beaming
to Asia, so no big pile-ups there.
At Sunday noon time I was well on my target track of at least 2600 QSOs, but
then Mr Murphy hit. The station automation and logging SW computer failed
several times and I lost almost 6 hours in rebooting it until at 2042z
on Sunday I could not reboot at all. Thus the total operating time was limited
to about 32 hours with several interruptions. The root course needs to worked
out before the next contest. Luckily I got the the log saved in safe mode.

On Sunday 20m band was much better than on Saturday but the opening had ups and
downs however it lasted until about 20z.

These things happen, a rewarding experience as such.
An enjoyable contest at Aland Is. As usual I  refreshing shower and coffee break
at Jaakko's, OH1TX, place on the way back home.

Many thanks for all the QSOs and next time I hope to have a better RX-antenna
for 160.

See you all in the next contest, Pertti, OH2PM/OH0R