[3830] ARRLDX CW NP4DX M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4xo@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW NP4DX M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 01:55:23 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: NP4DX
Operator(s): N5TOO W4XO
Station: NP4DX

Class: M/S LP
QTH: PR
Operating Time (hrs): 33:03

  160:
   80:  388    51
   40:  787    46
   20:  456    56
   15:  432    50
   10:    2     2
-------------------
Total: 2065   205  Total Score = 1,269,975

Club: Georgia Contest Group

Comments:

Holiday style operating in a rental house in Aguadilla, PR.  Our station was
simple. A Kenwood TS-480 SAT and low dipoles (20-30 ft).  We did our best
seeking dipole supports (that were few and far between), due to hurricane Maria.
 Fortunately, the local neighbors were very supportive allowing us to  string
dipoles across the street to a mast on a neighbor's roof and a utility light
pole.

   We can't thank Alfredo, WP3C, enough for the use of his contest call sign
NP4DX.  No doubt his contest call helped our score!  The people of Puerto Rico
were wonderful! A neighbor ham loaded us a power supply when our backup failed.

  We were pleasantly surprised with our results considering the handicap of no
high gain antennas or amp.  No power line noise along with the location on the
NW corner of the island made it ideal.

Thanks to the CWOps as well as others who answered our PUNY signal!

73, Van N5TOO & Lex W4XO