[3830] ARRLDX CW EI7M M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW EI7M M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 13:40:51 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: EI7M
Operator(s): EI3DP EI3KD EI3JE EI8IR G0CKV SM5DZB SM0CXU
Station: EI7M

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Cork
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  385    46
   80:  806    56
   40: 1590    60
   20: 1704    62
   15:  443    50
   10:
-------------------
Total: 4928   274  Total Score = 4,046,706

Club:

Comments:

Absolutely terrible weather from Storm Dennis, even for Ireland! Winds gusting
to 120kph meant all telescopic towers were down at storm-safe height, impacting
badly on 40m with the 3el very low. Antenna directions were controlled by our
automatic wind alarm for the whole weekend - headings were not optimum (mostly
set too far north) but near enough to be ok; in fact we may have accidentally
benefited from Auroral conditions at times. We had lightning, hail, torrential
static rain and even a little snow, quite an adventure! Low band conditions were
excellent but we somehow missed mults on 160m. 15m was in good shape, although
signals were mostly weak there were some good peaks. We even explored long path
on Sunday and at some point in the weekend a W7 (WA) did say we were working
that way. Not one signal heard/seen on 10m throughout the whole weekend. It was
a very enjoyable weekend, especially with our visitors Olof G0CKV, Tore SM5DZB
and Tomas SM0CXU. Thanks to all for the QSOs, running NA is a delight :)