[3830] ARRLDX CW OM7RU SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, om7ru@qsl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW OM7RU SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 16:23:51 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: OM7RU
Operator(s): OM7RU
Station: OM7RU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: JN98OQ
Operating Time (hrs): 32:26
Radios: SO2R

  160:   92    25
   80:  220    36
   40: 1013    58
   20:  571    55
   15:    5     4
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1901   178  Total Score = 1,015,134

Club: OM0M DOZEN DASHES CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

Another nice Low Bands contest, hi. Also good time to improve my SO2R skills.

Low bands of very nice conditions. Nice pileups on 40m but conditions moved few
times between good and average. 80m also fine, but rates was lower. 160m with a
lot of easy workable guys. Both bands was surprisingly quiet on both mornings.
High bands was as usually this years. Only 20m was ready to operate from my QTH
with my antennas. Much better on Saturday than on Sunday, but band closing was
early, fast and definite. I monitored competitors from western QTHs or with big
antenna setups and I read their callers from time to time... They had additional
1-3 hours of opened 20m. I erected another simple 2-el tribander for R2, but
used it only to monitor of 15m noise, and few 20m QSOs when running 40m CQ on
R1.
15m with few hard worked mults. I listened also 10m few times as a joke :)

Mr. Murphy forced me to walk around my cables - bad SWR and various of similar
feedlines issues. I lost a lot of time, fortunately solved by unscrew / screw of
connectors. Time to general repair of feedlines.

I used SO2R, mostly to sweep other band, but I don't have good R2 antennas and
PA, just only 100W IC-706. Better any than nothing, but I'm still learning all
about it.

So, at the end: I beat 1 mil. points, 1900 QSOs, but low number of mults. I
often enjoyed in pileups instead of searching of mults... Learned a lot about
SO2R HW, SW, tactics.

I enjoy it, thanks to all who did the same this weekend!

Used equipments:
 Yaesu FT-1000MP MarkV Field
 Icom IC-706 MkII
 ACOM 2000A
 microHAM MK2R+
 2x microHAM Station Master
 2x OM Power OM6BPF
 DXLog

Antennas:
 160m: Vertical (35m tower + 2 elevated radials)
 80m:  OptiBeam OB1-80 rotary dipole @34m
 AD-3446 multibander @31m:
   40m:  3 elements
   20m:  4 elements