[3830] ARRLDX CW V47T(N2NT) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW V47T(N2NT) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 16:40:38 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: V47T
Operator(s): N2NT
Station: V47NT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: St Kitts
Operating Time (hrs): 38.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:  534    57
   80:  868    58
   40: 1383    60
   20: 1889    62
   15: 1299    61
   10:  169    31
-------------------
Total: 6142   329  Total Score = 6,061,167

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

There is a long story here.. I almost quit after 4 hours.
My 40M 402CD stopped working at 0400z the first night.

With no 40M antenna, I lost all motivation to operate.
But after texting NP4Z, he told me I was not allowed to quit  :)

There was no way for me to get the yagi working again, that tower is no longer
safe to climb. So I went to bed to clear my mind, and hoped it would work again
in the morning. No such luck.

The weather was horrible, rain and wind all weekend. But I had a small weather
window on Sat morning so I built a 40M dipole and put up an inverted vee on the
other tower. Got the whole thing done in just over an hour. It worked fine, so I
was back in business, just lost a lot of time.

At 1900z 15m opened like a faucet, and I had my best hour ever using 2BSIQ of
366 60min rate according to SH5. That made it all worthwhile.
I was exhausted from all the other issues, so I slept Sat night as well.

All in all, very pleased with the results.. Can only dream of what might have
been if everything worked.

Congrats to 8P5A with a big score, and probably TO4A as well.

Maybe next time.

All band - All modes
QSOs (with dupes) - By time

| Hr |          |