[3830] CQ160 SSB NN4RB Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nn4rb@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB NN4RB Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 01:04:52 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: NN4RB
Operator(s): NN4RB
Station: NN4RB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 3:05

Total:  QSOs = 82  State/Prov = 27  Countries = 2  Total Score = 5,626

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

First contact on Friday night I got a report of intermittent TX audio. To the
work bench I go and fixed the headset boom mic cable at the entrance to the
headset.  Then I got 50 contacts in on Friday night all S&P.  Saturday
morning, I thought I would check to see if I could get rid of the RF getting
back into the shack on 160m and lighting the LEDs in Six Pack controller.  Upon
investigating, I found that I had changed my antenna around last year and had
forgot about it.  I have been using my 80 windom on 160.  No wonder I had
unexpected RF.  Once I saw the problem, I remembered that I had done it and even
documented the change in my shack notes, but never got around to making a 160
antenna.  Saturday night I got in 32 more contacts, still with the RF problem.
Now to fix it before the next 160 contest and I forget again.

Rick
NN4RB

ICOM IC-756PROIII
Alpha 374A
80 meter Windom at about 44' with Kat-500 at the base