[3830] CQ160 SSB IK2YCW(IT9RGY) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB IK2YCW(IT9RGY) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 23:00:47 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: IK2YCW
Operator(s): IT9RGY
Station: IK2YCW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 26.25
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 840  State/Prov = 20  Countries = 58  Total Score = 349,284

Club: ARIPA DX Team

Comments:

The target was 850 Qs and I made it!
This is my 3rd attempt to this tough contest: 2014 from IB9T and 2015 from
OM7M.

I'd say that contesting from North Italy it's really something in between...but
Sunday is a nightmare anyway ;)

Thanks to Claudio IK2YCW who let me to use his fine station:
2xRadio + Amp
Vertical full size
Dipole@30m
Beverages and RX 4sq

The first hour was 105 and considering splatters 9+20 it was ok. The first day
the inband QSO where something easy to find, as well as Mults and US stations.
Second day almost impossible and all QSOs were almost under noise and splatters
level.
I've missed somehow CT as State and CT3KN that I've heard around but He didn't
show up on my CQ. Best-missed-Mult was XE1RCS, clearly heard on my freq thinking
He was replying to me but He was calling CQ and there was no way not even to get
a "QRZ?".

The NOT Assisted category is clearly hard because you must use the second radio
to increase the QSO number and find new Mults. Let me  say something obvious but
probably someone think we are all stupid: If I am in a freq and a mult like
VE3DZ CQ over my freq (because honestly He didn't hear me) there is NO WAY that
a SO NOT Assisted in EU finds VE3DZ going around the band...NO WAY!!! I am there
and in EU my signal was obviusly much louder.
That's just to be clear.

Congrats to OK7K and LY4A for the amazing show!

In the end, as always, I cannot wait to run the next one ;)
73 de Gabry IT9RGY@IK2YCW