[3830] ARRLDX SSB K5WA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K5WA SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2020 19:39:19 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: K5WA
Operator(s): K5WA
Station: K5WA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 26
Radios: SO2R

  160:   18    17
   80:  125    68
   40:  330    80
   20:  332    99
   15:  136    54
   10:    9     4
-------------------
Total:  950   322  Total Score = 917,700

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Woof, again.  What a difference from the CW weekend.  I made 1/3 the score this
time and about 70% of the mults, of course, I got so bored I could only stomach
26 hours of 98% S&P so that didn't help.  Found a little bit of new noise
(or maybe old noise now that the bigger noise has been fixed) on 160 and my
lower 15 antennas need some feedline work because they flake out over 500
watts.

It sure seemed like the first night was MUCH better than the second night on the
lower bands.  I was hoping to earn some WRTC points but probably got shut out
again since everybody in 5 land is killing me these days.  ;-)

Best part was a visit by NM5M and his XYL, Deb, who came down from Dallas to
pick up some equipment he wants to return to working.  I can't wait to see how
he gets the KWM-380 running again.  W5SJS and I are taking the remaining working
equipment to Belton next weekend where it will hopefully find new homes.

Thanks for the Qs.

Bob K5WA