[3830] ARRLDX SSB ZF5T(ZF9CW) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wa5rtg@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB ZF5T(ZF9CW) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 00:41:28 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: ZF5T
Operator(s): ZF9CW
Station: ZF9CW

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Cayman Brac
Operating Time (hrs): 21

  160:  220    44
   80:  446    58
   40:  723    58
   20: 1254    57
   15:  529    47
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 3172   264  Total Score = 2,512,224

Club: BRCC

Comments:

I suspended my campaign after 21 hours and decide dead to endorse 8P5A and TI7W
:-)

There were a few problems to deal with in the first hour or two.  Not sure
whether it was N1MM or SO2R Box but I had to close N1MM every few minutes if I
wanted it to switch the headphones to another radio.  I had intentions of
practicing dual CQ but without having both audio streams at same time it was not
possible.  Would switch for a few minutes and then stop.  Power outage just
before contest caused my Green Heron boxes to not connect to computer.  Even
though the boxes showed them to switch, the relays selecting Bandpass filters
for my RX antennas were not switching.  Found that problem existed as soon as I
moved to a low band.  Kinda important to check things out thoroughly before the
bell rings.  Maybe I'll learn from it.

Used computer voicing for most all contacts.  Would choose just to not operate a
phone contest if I didn't have that tool.  Improvements will be made on that in
the future.  Had several people comment that it sounded great and one who said
it was terrible. I'll choose to believe the majority.

Hoped that 10 meters would open on Sunday afternoon for the 6 Band possibilities
but the few times I listened I only heard a bunch of South Americans calling CQ
and very few contacts being made.  I have no idea how many 5 banders I had but
it was a pretty big number.  I appreciate all those contacts.

Congratulations to all who made a full effort.  I was just worn out before the
contest started.

73... Stan, ZF9CW (K5GO)