[3830] ARRLDX SSB W4MYA(W4PM) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hmmjr@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W4MYA(W4PM) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 01:31:49 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: W4MYA
Operator(s): W4PM
Station: W4PM

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 20:39

  160:    8     8
   80:   90    56
   40:  129    63
   20:  219    81
   15:   87    41
   10:   13     2
-------------------
Total:  546   251  Total Score = 411,138

Club: Central Virginia Contest Club

Comments:

It was my pleasure to put Bob's call on in another contest.  I could never
operate as well as Bob did but I gave it my best effort.  I was limited in
antennas as compared with the better stations. I have a single 176' center fed
wire antenna for all bands but it did remarkably well for what it is.  160
meters didn't have the fabulous opening it did in the CW portion so I spent
little time there but 15 opened a bit to EU and made up for the missed 160
contacts.  I believe just using Bob's call was like adding another 3 dB my 600w
pep signal. I was able to break pileups more frequently than just my signal
would normally allow.  I know the call recognition was the difference in a lot
of cases! While I had a much better CW than phone score that is just because I'm
not an SSB op. and I don't know how to "RUN'EM" on SSB.  Bob could do
that - I can't!

My thanks to all the stations who made my log.  The great ops and big signals
out there allowed even me, who rarely does SSB, to have fun!

73,
Puck W4PM  Operator of W4MYA this past weekend!