[3830] ARRLDX SSB K5FUV SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K5FUV SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 23:12:09 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: K5FUV
Operator(s): K5FUV
Station: K5FUV

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: AR
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   11    10
   80:   89    54
   40:   92    53
   20:  240    82
   15:  101    39
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  533   238  Total Score = 379,134

Club:

Comments:

I keep thinking about the 45g tower on the ground in the back yard, along with
the disassembled 20m stack, 10m stack, 15 mono, and 2 el 40. Some day, maybe. At
least I can get along with my Hex and 40 and 80 verticals.

Low power is challenging with basically a single band open. While I thought 20
meter conditions were good, based upon actually hearing and work EU at 1200Z, 15
never really opened up, and I never saw anything show on the 10 meter panadapter
that was always on. On Sunday, it was an effort to get an additional 100 Qs in
the log over Saturday.

Nice to work V26M in the last few minutes on 80. I missed ZF1A on 15, not for
lack of trying, but I think that was the only thing in Zone 8 that I heard and
missed all weekend. Remarkably, they were weak to me, and never heard me calling
even when they got no response. See paragraph 1 above.

I think I had fun, maybe. Going onto 75, I should probably think about getting
more sleep.