[3830] TBDC W1NN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hal@japancorporateresearch.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC W1NN Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 00:06:20 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Spring

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 300  Total Score = 759

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

That was fun.

160 contests are easy to operate from Japan via the remote since I don't have to
miss any sleep.  I operated steadily from 2240Z to 0530Z and then made a handful
of contacts in the 0800 and 0900 hours. At one point, there were only one or two
other signals on the band during the 0800Z hour.  My last contact was at 0942Z
so I missed the early Sunday morning activity.

Conditions were pretty good and I worked quite a few West Coast stations, which
is pretty good for my 100 watts and a dipole.  Most EU was too weak to hear but
I did manage contacts with F, DL, OM and LZ and, in the other direction, KH6.

Activity was a little better than I expected, maybe due to people staying home
to avoid the virus.

I was pleased to finally work my fellow Tokyo resident and remoter WA6URY who
loads up an 80 meter rotatable dipole for use on 160.  We've tried to work
before but while I can usually hear him, he could never hear me.  He finally
pulled me in this time.

73, Hal W1NN remote@Tokyo