[3830] Commonwealth ZM2B(ZL2BR) SO(A)-Open-24 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, 2bfrank@orcon.net.nz
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth ZM2B(ZL2BR) SO(A)-Open-24 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 05:24:22 +0000
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest - 2020

Call: ZM2B
Operator(s): ZL2BR
Station: ZM2B

Class: SO(A)-Open-24 HP
QTH: Taranaki
Operating Time (hrs): 17

------------
   80:   42
   40:  102
   20:  103
   15:   16
   10:    3
------------
Total:  266  Total Score = 4,400

Club:

Comments:

I decided against my better judgement to try and do the whole 24 hours without
real breaks, but there were times when I had no contacts for an hour or more and
I did end up taking quite a few short breaks. So probably spent  21 hours in the
hot seat and around 17 hours actual operating.

On the whole condx seemed to slightly better than recent few years, in fact made
my most contacts since the 2016 contest.

As always in this contest working as many of the possible 3 bonus BCA's on each
is band vital for a good score. G, VE3, VK2, VK4, VK6 and ZL3 were the only ones
maxed out on most bands. My three 10m contacts were all ZL3's.

Had a nice short session on 80m LP to G land around 7pm on Sunday, the level of
my usual local QRM seemed to be a bit lower than normal. Final 20m run to G land
on 20m was very productive.

Non G/VE/VK/ZL dx worked - 9H, 9V, V3, VP5, VP8, VU, ZF, ZS, but but not worked
included - 6Y, 3B8, 5H, 9J2, 9G, 5Z4, ZB, VP2V, V5

Highlights - being called by VP8NO (many years since last qso) and ZS1C via long
path of course as it's very difficult and rare to work central and southern
Africa via short path because this path is via Antarctica. I think I sort of may
of heard 3B8XF down the bottom end of 40m where the Chinese OHTR was in full
swing.

Rig: nearly a kw to C3SS, 40m GP & 80m dipole antennas

73, Frank ZL2BR/ZM2B