[3830] Rus DX N5DX(K5GO) SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX N5DX(K5GO) SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 14:00:19 +0000
                    Russian DX Contest - 2020

Call: N5DX
Operator(s): K5GO
Station: N2QV

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs): 22
Remote Operation

  160:    18    0        13         1
   80:    99    0        48         9
   40:   429    0        70        31
   20:   549    0        76        44
   15:    12    0        10         0
   10:     0    0         0         0
Total:  1107    0       217        85  Total Score = 1,783,612

Club:

Comments:

This was originally going to be a high power, MOST operation.  I found out while
traveling to Kevin's house that we weren't going to do the multi-operator thing
but if I wanted to work the contest I could enter single operator.  I walked in
the door at 11:58Z.

I decided to run low power and that worked pretty well on 20m.  The lower I went
on the bands the more I second guessed my decision to run 100w.  It was tough on
80 and 160.  The majority of my contacts were in the first few hours and the
last 15 hours were pretty slow.

My first USA contact was #198!

I'm sure everyone enjoyed a little diversion from the pandemic that is coming in
slow motion.  There was a lot of activity from Italy and, like everyone else, I
thought about their situation during each of those contacts.

Remote - i know there were issues with my CW particularly during the first half
of the contest with the huge number of people confined at home and most using
the Internet.  I noticed a big difference on my end after most people went to
sleep.

The Russian DX Contest is one of my favorites and I really appreciate Tariq
allowing me to operate.  N2QV and WU2X have engineered and built a fine station
with minimal complexities.

I hope everyone can stay healthy for another RDXC next year.

73... Stan, K5GO