[3830] Rus DX AD5A SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ad5a@gvtc.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX AD5A SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 18:40:31 +0000
                    Russian DX Contest - 2020

Call: AD5A
Operator(s): AD5A
Station: AD5A

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 23

  160:
   80:   59     0        18         2
   40:  232     0        48         6
   20:  217     0        48        15
   15:   38     0        16         0
   10:    2     0         2
Total:  548     0       132        23  Total Score = 336,660

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

For several reasons, I was not able to operate this contest from my contest
station which is about 100 miles from my home QTH. My XYL helped me decide that
I needed to do this one from home. So instead of stacks and big towers I used a
Quad Bander, JK Mid-Tri with 40m add-on, 2 elements on 40m and 3 elements on
20-15-10 and an Alpha-Delta DX-A at 60 feet for the low bands, so no QSO's on
160m and very limited on 80m. All on a 70 ft. tower.

Given that back drop, I guess I'm happy with the results, but it was frustrating
overall when multiplier after multiplierj that I would hear stayed out of the
log. Of course I was low power as well and that made it a bit tougher.

Conditions were ok given where we are in the cycle and participation was good.
Missing were many of the multi-op stations in Europe that were obviously limited
by the pandemic, but for those who could get on the air, it was a way to pass
time and forget about the world for a while.

I think I pushed my home station to the max and it's resting peacefully this
morning.

Thanks for the QSOs.