[3830] VaQP K4HQK SOAB/MixedFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jwfuller@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] VaQP K4HQK SOAB/MixedFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 02:08:06 +0000
                    Virginia QSO Party - 2020

Call: K4HQK
Operator(s): K4HQK
Station: K4HQK

Class: SOAB/MixedFixed HP
QTH: Alexandria, VA
Operating Time (hrs): 13

  160:
   80:  136     37
   40:   93     71
   20:    1
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  230    108      0  Mults = 85  Total Score = 48,705

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Activity was quite good, possibly higher than last year. By operating CW and SSB
I was able to switch back and forth when one mode ran dry. Most of the time that
helped, but not always. At times activity was down at both ends of the bands,
primarily in the middle hours of the day. Both days activity picked up late
afternoon.

Propagation was good Saturday but on Sunday, 40m was plagued by QSB and long,
long skip (not to mention tremendous BARTG RTTY QRM in the CW band). On both
days 20m was virtually useless to me because I heard virtually no VAQP action.
My only 20m QSO was with our friend, N3JT. And so I worked no farther west in
the whole contest than Nebraska. The most consistently useful band was 80/75m,
even in mid-afternoon--steady signals and no QRN.

It was a pleasure to encounter so many PVRC members in the contest. Thanks for
all the QSOs, my friends!

73,

John K4HQK
Alexandria (That's ALX to you), VA