[3830] Rus DX K1MM(@N4WW) SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX K1MM(@N4WW) SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 20:24:50 +0000
                    Russian DX Contest - 2020

Call: K1MM
Operator(s): K1MM
Station: N4WW

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 14:30

  160:    7               5         0
   80:  159              50        16
   40:  397              73        34
   20:  190              34        36
   15:
   10:
Total:  753     0       162        86  Total Score = 883,128

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

On Saturday afternoon I had experienced enough "social distancing"
sitting at home, and decided to see if there was an opportunity socialize by
radio. Chris W4WF was already operating SOAB in the RDX contest at N4WW, but
Chris and Doc invited me to come over and operate on a different band if I
wanted. I arrived around 5:30 PM and Chris and I operated our separate bands
until he left a couple of hours later. It was so much fun that I never left and
never even napped until the end of the contest. It is a shame that 20 meters
wasn't open at all until around 1100Z, but I capitalized on the band opening and
went oblast hunting on 20 for the last hour. Using strictly S&P I worked
more than 35 new oblasts to finish off the contest. I don't recall operating
this contest in the past, but it was loads of fun! Maybe next year I'll operate
the whole contest. I might even experiment with SO2R. Thanks to Doc for letting
me invade his shack and practice socialization by radio!