[3830] WPX SSB W6YX(N7MH) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB W6YX(N7MH) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 17:57:16 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): N7MH
Station: W6YX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Stanford
Operating Time (hrs): 2:02
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  186
   20:    4
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Got on early Sunday morning and decided to operate for either 2 hours or until I
reached 100K points. At the 2 hour mark I was at 98K and no one was calling so I
put down the headset and was about to turn the radios off when I heard a late
caller blaring from the earphones, put the headset back on and worked 3 more Qs
including 2 mults that put me over 100K in an extra 2 minutes.

20 was open to DU and YB when I started but only a few stations heard and it was
more productive to run 6-point JAs on 40 than struggle to work a mult on the
second radio. I moved the second radio to 80 but didn't hear any contest
activity at all. Ended up with both radios on 40, one run and one S&P. Only
worked 6 US Qs, not for lack of trying as most would have been mults. Suspect
many single-ops were sleeping on the second night. Average points/Q: 5.74

I hope to put in a bigger effort for WPX CW, maybe even borrow a callsign with a
rarer prefix.

73,
-Mike, N7MH