[3830] WPX SSB N7MZW SO(A)AB TB-Wires LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7mzw1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB N7MZW SO(A)AB TB-Wires LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 00:33:31 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: N7MZW
Operator(s): N7MZW
Station: N7MZW

Class: SO(A)AB LP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: Cheyenne,WY.
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    0
   80:   16
   40:  309
   20:  159
   15:    0
   10:    0
------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

SOAPBOX: IC-7300,-Heil Pro Micro Headset,Vectronics HFT-1500 Manual Tuner for 80
Meters only,and a ZS6BKW up 50 feet,running N-S.Could not keep a run freq on 20
or 40. The band scope looked like a closeup picture of a hack saw blade,with
several stations CQing right in my face.Bad cough from recently confirmed TYPE A
INFLUENZA made me decide to use outgoing canned audio during the very few short
periods that I could keep a freq. A two day old abscessed tooth was just icing
on the cake for this Murphy fueled event! NOTE: Way too many DX stations not
including a signal report as part of their exchange.Another disturbing trend is
stations that do not put the QRZ at the VERY END of their CQ. This causes many
listening stations to start calling before the running station is ready to
listen to incoming calls. VERY POOR OPERATING PRACTICE,that did not occur 20 or
30 years ago! Had to handle a identity fraud issue on Sunday morning,after
paying for food with a debit card which killed several hours of potential Op
time. I also noticed that I was running on my  backup battery alone,because
power supply was off in the new charging circuit! Was shooting for 1,000 Q's,but
 could not even get 500. Another "100 watts and a Wire" effort from my
Apartment QTH is in the books. November Seven Many Zebras Walking