[3830] WPX SSB AD5A SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB AD5A SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 01:25:32 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: AD5A
Operator(s): AD5A
Station: AD5A

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 35.5

------------
  160:
   80:   47
   40:  410
   20:  917
   15:   93
   10:   12
------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I've never done this contest seriously before so I don't have a feel for it,
however it seemed the participation was good and conditions were decent. I
exceeded my goal for the contest, which is a function of I don't have a clue and
I think everyone being under House Arrest put a few more ops on the air.

When I got to my station I found that my controller to tune the 80m dipole was
kaput so I was forced to use the lower dipole. It didn't seem to matter much on
Friday as storms and static were in the region, so 80m wasn't much of a player.
Conditions were better on Saturday night on 80, but then I remembered I was low
power, never mind.

15 meters has a reasonable amount of activity from my part of Texas, just wish
there were more hams down there. I made a handful of QSO's on 10m, but nothing
much ever developed.

20m  was the workhorse band, but conditions on 40m were good into EU from TX  on
Saturday night as 40m into Asia on Sunday Morning.

All in all happy with the effort.