[3830] WPX SSB N9TF SOAB TB-Wires LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB N9TF SOAB TB-Wires LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 02:10:26 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 18.1

------------
  160:    1
   80:   55
   40:   72
   20:  107
   15:   25
   10:    7
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Wasn't sure how band conditions would be for a low power small station. Didn't
take long to realize I wasn't being heard very well at all, as I kept getting
CQed back in my face, so decided to just tune and bounce around the bands
looking for "RED" call mults in the call window. 20m was brutal for
this station being heard in EU Saturday and Sunday mornings. Many stations
calling either called CQed back in my face with S9+ signals, or were working a
line of stations much stronger than mine apparently. All good though as my game
was to search for and work as many new prefixes and DX as I could find. Decided
to operate unassisted, and just tune the bands and band hop as often as
possible.
80 and 160 were brutal here Saturday night with all the thunder storm activity.

Very happy to get at least 1 Q on all 6 bands.
Time on says 18.1, but there were lots of dead times between Qs as I stayed in
line for either a new mult or new DX. Left lots of mults and new DX on the table
as I just could not get heard on the other end. A bit of frustration with quite
a few station either totally missing the "T" in my call, or hearing
half of the rest of the alphabet instead of Tango! Tried Texas and Tokyo as well
with no luck!
Still fun, in between the storms, chores around the house, and getting in a
season of NCIS LA!

73 Gene
N9TF

Rig, K3S 100 watts, 2 element triband at 37', 40/80 short dipole at 35', 67'
shortened half sloper at 35'