[3830] WPX SSB WJ7W(AA7V) SO(A)SB20 TB-Wires HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa7victor@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB WJ7W(AA7V) SO(A)SB20 TB-Wires HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 02:58:29 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: WJ7W
Operator(s): AA7V
Station: WJ7W

Class: SO(A)SB20 HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 15

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  607
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Rig FT950, SB220/700w, Aplha91b/1400w
Force 12 C3SS, 2 ele 20M @ 10 meters

Decided to stay on 20 for the weekend. My already poor 40 and 80 meter INV Vs
barely work on CW let alone on SSB where the SWR is > 3:1. 15 didnt seem like
it was ever going to open to the east coast so that was out.

I was able to complete one task that had never crossed my mind until late
Saturday. The old SB220 does put out some power but didnt provide me with
psychological voice punch phone ops need. I finally brought the old Alpha 91b
inside from garage-exile and hooked it up in the new bedroom shack. The only
draw back is that its now powered on a 120 VAC 15amp service. I wasnt sure how
it would behave since its whole life has been spent on 230VAC. Bottomline, no
issues at all, the old Alpha gave me 1400w and that always-great feeling when
watching the watt meter jump on voice peaks.

Thanks for all the QSOs. See you on CW.
Steve AA7V

Check us out @AZOutlawsCC